Why are you visiting us today?
You’re possibly just looking for more information about Percayso, or you may have recently engaged with one of our clients via an insurance quotation or a policy renewal and spotted a Percayso Inform search footprint on your credit file
This footprint is known as a ‘Soft Search’ and will be invisible to other lenders, which means it will not affect a lender’s decision whether or not to lend to you and it won’t affect your credit score.
Who are we?
We are an independent, UK registered organisation providing our business clients with additional data to help them understand a little bit more about you, their potential customer.
What do we do?
We act under instruction from our clients, primarily those from the Insurance industry, to source additional information which will:
- confirm your identity & address
- assess risk and prevent fraudulent applications
- provide additional information on your vehicle
We ask all of our clients to let you know before they share policy or quote information with us, for example, by telling you about us in their quote form or their privacy notice.
For more information about the services we offer, please click here.
Where do we get this data?
We collect information from different sources including Credit Reference Agencies. The ways in which these Credit Reference Agencies use and share personal information is explained in more detail at the following links:equifax.co.uk/crain
Your privacy in brief
This is a summary of the key information around how we use, protect and respect your data. Please refer to our full Privacy Notice for complete and detailed information about our use of your personal data and your rights in relation to it.
Types of Data we collect
- Quotation details - triggered by your engagement with an Insurance Provider who use this Percayso service
- Identity data
- Passport/Driving Licence
- Contact details
- Your Public Credit Bureau report from one or more Credit Reference Agencies
- Technical Data on how you use the Percayso Inform website and information about your personal profile
- Currently we perform ID & credit checks through the Credit Reference Agency Equifax (please follow below link to find out ways in which Equifax use and share personal information)
How we use your Data
- Confirming you are who you say you are through ID and address checks at a Credit Reference Agency
- Detection and prevention of fraud on behalf of our clients
- To build a more informed view of you through the data returned
- Provide a summarised view of your data back to Insurers you have engaged with during a quotation process
- Ensuring both Percayso Inform and our clients comply with applicable laws or other legal obligations
- Responding to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns
- Providing access to our services
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- To carry out business operations and activities that are necessary for the everyday running of a business
- To send you changes to the Percayso service
- To send you marketing messages (only if you want us to)
- Cookies which help us run and improve the service
- You can turn off cookies but this will mean not all services are available
Third Parties who process your data
The following services help keep Percayso running by storing or processing your data securely on our behalf
- Infrastructure - We use AWS cloud services for storing & processing your data
- Analytics - Google
- ID & Address Verification - Equifax
- Insurance bureau (claims history) services - CRIF
- Fraud prevention services - Synectics
- Vehicle information - Cazana
- Sanctions list checking - Comply Advantage
- No Claims Discount (NCD) verification - MIB
When & how we collect data
We collect data from Insurance companies who use our services in providing you with an Insurance quote or renewal.
We also use Equifax, a credit reference agency, in order to obtain identity and contact data about you where relevant and necessary.
|Data you give||Data we collect||Description|
|Your Insurance Quotation or Renewal details - when you engage with an Insurance Provider who use our services|
|Public data from CRA - when we need to provide additional information about you to an Insurance Provider|
|ID & Address verification from CRA - when we need to provide verification about you to an Insurance Provider|
|When you browse or interact with our website|
|You supply ID verification documents - when you need to prove you are who you say you are prior to us sharing your personal data with you|
|When you opt in to Marketing messages from us|
|When you contact us via the Let's Talk form|
Insurance & you
There are various ways in which you might engage with an insurance provider by asking for a Quote or renewing a policy you have previously purchased.
As detailed in the “Why are you visiting us today” section Percayso Inform may provide a service to our client for all of these stages.